Simple, swift and secure online identity verification service
ID1 Verification – Online Verification Service using a solicitor at a fixed fee of £55.
The Land Registry verify identity ID Form is used by the Land Registry to satisfy itself of the identity of any party to a conveyancing related transaction or transfer of equity (whether for money or not) or change of registration or charge.
We can assist you with remote ID verification. We can get this service done quickly through a ZOOM video call to verify your identity.
Please note that our instructions only relate to completion of the ID1 & ID2 forms and verification of identity. We do not provide advice in relation to the transaction itself and will not witness the signing of any documents.
- Current valid full passport
- Current UK, EU, Channel Islands or Isle of Man photocard driving licence (not provisional)
- Current Biometric Residence Permit issued by the UK Home Office to a non-UK national resident in the UK
- Cheque guarantee card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) or debit card (Maestro or Delta) issued in the United Kingdom supported by an original postal statement less than 3 months old
- Postal utility bill less than 3 months old
- Council tax statement for the current year
- Council rent book showing the rent paid for the last 3 months
- Postal mortgage statement for the year just ended
- Current firearm or shotgun certificate
You will be required to complete the form sections and returning them securely via registered post to us. Follow the steps below to avoid unnecessary delays.
We are able to schedule a ZOOM video call at a time that suits you, wherever you may be and for a simple fixed fee of £55 (no VAT) for ID1 verification and £100 (no VAT) for ID2 verification.
Verification in 4 Simple Steps:
Step 1. Download and complete section A of the ID1 form here.
Step 2. Register your interest either by contacting us on 01482 379528 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you further guidance. Payment are only required once the verification has be carry out. We would not ask you for payment up front.
Step 3. Upon receiving further guidance and you wish to proceed, we schedule a ZOOM video call. You will then be required to send us your completed ID form, a current utility bill and a copy of your chosen form of ID (listed below).
Step 4. We will video call you as scheduled, complete and return the forms and signed screengrabs to you via first class post.
What are ID1 and ID5 Forms?
The Land Registry introduced the ID5 form on the 4th May 2020 to allow lawyers to certify ID when being confirmed over a video call. The ID5 form is completed by our lawyer at the same time they are completing the ID1 form that has been partially completed (section A) that would have previously been used in a face to face appointment. This means service is fast and covid secure.